Skip to content
- This assignment is focused on Study About Advanced Catalyst Characterization.
- Students should be divided into some groups (Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Group 4, Group 5, Group 6), where each group consists of maximum two students.
- The topic of this assignment are as follow: Group 1 ==> X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) and How to Use Software Match! for identification of compound phases using X-Ray Diffraction (XRD); Group 2 ==> X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) in relation to X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) and H2-Temperature Programmed Reduction (H2-TPR); Group 3 ==> BET Surface Area, Pore Size Distribution, and Pore Volume in relation to Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and H2-Temperature Programmed Reduction (H2-TPR); Group 4 ==> Pyridine-probed FT-IR (Bronsted/Lewis Acid Sites) in relation to CO2- or NH3- Temperature Programmed Desorption (TPD) ; Group 5 ==> X-Ray Diffraction in relation to X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS); Group 6 ==> Dispersion of Metal by Impregnation on the Support using combination of H2-Temperatured Programmed Reduction, BET Surface Area, Pore Size Distribution, Pore Volume and ThermoGravimetric (TG)-Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)-Differential Thermal Analyzer (DTA).
- Each Group must find appropriate articles (may 1-3 articles) with respect to topic of each group from reputable international journal (ScienceDirect or EBSCO using your SSO access). The recommended journal to be searched are: Applied Catalysis A: General; Journal of Catalysis; Catalysis Communication; Molecular Catalysis; Catalysis Letters. From the selected articles, each group must summarize the articles (catalyst preparation, catalyst characterization procedures, and detail interpretation of the characterization) with respect to group topic requested. The summary must be completed with figures or tables adapted from the selected articles, and should be elaborated to performance of catalyst testing in the articles. Each group should add some opinions about the summary with respect to fundamentals of catalyst characterization.
- The assignment document (in a PDF file completed/merged with References article) should be collected via the following URL: https://bit.ly/3idSuxK
- Due date of uploading the assignment is: Rabu, 7 October 2020 jam 16.00 WIB.
- Each Group must present their assignment at Lecture #7 (8 October 2020, 13.00 WIB).